Thailand is a premier holiday destination for very good reason, with a uniquely colourful culture and tropical beauty, and if you are thinking of making your next annual break in Thailand, here is a list of the top premier tourist destinations.
- Phi Phi Island: If you take a short boat trip from the Thai island of Phuket, or the lovely coastal town of Krabi, you will find yourself on the tropical paradise island called Phi Phi, which was the setting for the movie ‘The Beach’ starring Leonardo Di Caprio. If you search online, there are affordable Phi Phi resort deals to be had, with luxury beachfront bungalows and health & spa facilities.
- Phuket: A premier Thai resort, Phuket ticks all the boxes, with amazing nightlife along the Patong Beach area that you will love to explore, plus the quaint town itself is certainly worth a visit. There is everything you would expect at such a venue, with accommodation ranging from small bungalows to 5-star resorts, and if you are planning a visit in the high season, make sure you book well in advance.
- Hua Hin: A quiet coastal town with character and charm, which is located around 3 hours south of Bangkok, nestling in the Bay of Thailand, Hua Hin is a firm favourite with expats who wish to escape the cold European winter and with top class hotels and many bars and restaurants, you are sure to have a great time staying in Hua Hin.
- Chiang Mai: Not everyone is into the beach lifestyle, and the northern capital of Thailand is Chiang Mai, where they have their own unique culture and cuisine. This is the staging post for northern treks into the jungles that border with Myanmar and Laos, where you can enjoy stunning views of the mountains.
- Rayong: This eastern coastal town is a popular Thai tourist destination, where you can stay in traditional Thai Teak bungalows right on the beach. Fine Thai restaurants can be found along this stretch of coastline, and you can enjoy a range of watersports and explore the town.
Thailand offers much to the foreign tourist and many people are instantly smitten by the unique friendliness of the local people, who are always happy and smiling. Make sure you book your luxury accommodation well in advance and you can prepare for what will definitely be the holiday of a lifetime.